Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 7:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 19:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.94 meters/second, 1522.6 kilometres/hour, 946.1 miles/hour or 822.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||South||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.3"||945.79 mi||West||0° 04' 07.1"||4.72 mi||South||946.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 19.0"||759.63 mi||East||2° 04' 33.6"||142.78 mi||South||777.56 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 5:34 AM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Mon 5:34 AM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Mon 6:34 AM||1681 km||1045 miles||908 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Mon 7:34 AM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||E|
|Yokohama||Mon 4:34 AM||2014 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 4:34 AM||2030 km||1261 miles||1096 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Mon 4:34 AM||2099 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||SW|
|Nagoya||Mon 4:34 AM||2129 km||1323 miles||1150 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Mon 4:34 AM||2172 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Mon 4:34 AM||2184 km||1357 miles||1179 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.