Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 7:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 19:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.94 meters/second, 1522.6 km/hour, 946.1 miles/hour or 822.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||South||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.3"||945.80 mi||West||0° 04' 07.3"||4.73 mi||South||946.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 18.6"||759.64 mi||East||2° 04' 38.0"||142.87 mi||South||777.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 5:36 AM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Mon 5:36 AM||821 km||510 miles||444 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Mon 6:36 AM||1710 km||1063 miles||924 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Mon 7:36 AM||1842 km||1144 miles||994 nm||E|
|Yokohama||Mon 4:36 AM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Mon 4:36 AM||1992 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 4:36 AM||2008 km||1248 miles||1084 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Mon 4:36 AM||2058 km||1279 miles||1111 nm||SW|
|Nagoya||Mon 4:36 AM||2102 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Mon 4:36 AM||2142 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.