Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.05 meters/second, 1523.0 km/hour, 946.3 miles/hour or 822.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.77 mi||west||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||south||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.4"||946.04 mi||west||0° 04' 10.7"||4.79 mi||south||946.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 13.1"||759.72 mi||east||2° 05' 55.6"||144.35 mi||south||777.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 6:10 AM||728 km||453 miles||393 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 6:10 AM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Mon 5:10 AM||1483 km||921 miles||801 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Mon 5:10 AM||1703 km||1058 miles||919 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Mon 5:10 AM||1723 km||1071 miles||930 nm||N|
|Osaka||Mon 5:10 AM||1749 km||1086 miles||944 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Mon 5:10 AM||1760 km||1094 miles||950 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Mon 5:10 AM||1764 km||1096 miles||952 nm||N|
|Kumamoto||Mon 5:10 AM||1768 km||1099 miles||955 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Mon 5:10 AM||1768 km||1099 miles||955 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.