Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 8:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 20:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.08 meters/second, 1523.1 km/hour, 946.4 miles/hour or 822.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||South||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.5"||946.10 mi||West||0° 04' 11.4"||4.81 mi||South||946.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 11.7"||759.75 mi||East||2° 06' 15.2"||144.72 mi||South||778.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 6:20 AM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 6:20 AM||949 km||590 miles||513 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Mon 5:20 AM||1396 km||867 miles||754 nm||SSW|
|Kumamoto||Mon 5:20 AM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Mon 5:20 AM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||N|
|Osaka||Mon 5:20 AM||1702 km||1058 miles||919 nm||N|
|Kobe||Mon 5:20 AM||1709 km||1062 miles||923 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Mon 5:20 AM||1710 km||1063 miles||923 nm||N|
|Kyoto||Mon 5:20 AM||1735 km||1078 miles||937 nm||N|
|Nagoya||Mon 5:20 AM||1738 km||1080 miles||938 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.