Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.12 meters/second, 1523.2 km/hour, 946.5 miles/hour or 822.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.6"||946.20 mi||West||0° 04' 12.8"||4.83 mi||South||946.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 09.6"||759.78 mi||East||2° 06' 46.1"||145.31 mi||South||778.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Mon 6:34 AM||1231 km||765 miles||664 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Mon 5:34 AM||1332 km||828 miles||719 nm||S|
|Kagoshima||Mon 5:34 AM||1411 km||877 miles||762 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Mon 4:34 AM||1524 km||947 miles||823 nm||WNW|
|Kumamoto||Mon 5:34 AM||1533 km||953 miles||828 nm||NNW|
|Quezon||Mon 4:34 AM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Mon 4:34 AM||1596 km||992 miles||862 nm||WSW|
|Fukuoka||Mon 5:34 AM||1625 km||1010 miles||878 nm||NNW|
|Kitakyushu||Mon 5:34 AM||1644 km||1021 miles||887 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Mon 5:34 AM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.