Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 9:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 21:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.20 meters/second, 1523.5 km/hour, 946.7 miles/hour or 822.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.8"||946.38 mi||West||0° 04' 15.3"||4.88 mi||South||946.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 05.5"||759.85 mi||East||2° 07' 43.3"||146.41 mi||South||778.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Mon 5:00 AM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||WNW|
|Taipei||Mon 5:00 AM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||NW|
|Quezon||Mon 5:00 AM||979 km||608 miles||529 nm||WSW|
|Taoyuan City||Mon 5:00 AM||981 km||610 miles||530 nm||NW|
|Taichung||Mon 5:00 AM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||WNW|
|Manila||Mon 5:00 AM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||WSW|
|Foochow||Mon 5:00 AM||1216 km||755 miles||656 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Mon 5:00 AM||1234 km||767 miles||666 nm||WNW|
|Shantou||Mon 5:00 AM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||WNW|
|Kagoshima||Mon 6:00 AM||1351 km||839 miles||729 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.