Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 9:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 21:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.23 meters/second, 1523.6 km/hour, 946.7 miles/hour or 822.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.9"||946.45 mi||West||0° 04' 16.2"||4.90 mi||South||946.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 03.9"||759.88 mi||East||2° 08' 05.5"||146.83 mi||South||778.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Mon 5:10 AM||730 km||453 miles||394 nm||NW|
|Quezon||Mon 5:10 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||SW|
|Taichung||Mon 5:10 AM||786 km||488 miles||424 nm||NW|
|Manila||Mon 5:10 AM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||SW|
|Taipei||Mon 5:10 AM||794 km||493 miles||429 nm||NW|
|Taoyuan City||Mon 5:10 AM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Mon 5:10 AM||1018 km||632 miles||549 nm||NW|
|Foochow||Mon 5:10 AM||1029 km||639 miles||556 nm||NW|
|Shantou||Mon 5:10 AM||1092 km||679 miles||590 nm||WNW|
|Kowloon||Mon 5:10 AM||1299 km||807 miles||701 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.