Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 9:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 21:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.26 meters/second, 1523.7 km/hour, 946.8 miles/hour or 822.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.9"||946.52 mi||West||0° 04' 17.2"||4.91 mi||South||946.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 02.2"||759.90 mi||East||2° 08' 27.4"||147.25 mi||South||778.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Mon 5:20 AM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||NW|
|Tarlac City||Mon 5:20 AM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||SW|
|Mabalacat||Mon 5:20 AM||593 km||368 miles||320 nm||SW|
|Angeles||Mon 5:20 AM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||SW|
|Quezon||Mon 5:20 AM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||SSW|
|Taichung||Mon 5:20 AM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||NNW|
|Manila||Mon 5:20 AM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||SSW|
|Olongapo||Mon 5:20 AM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||SW|
|Hsinchu||Mon 5:20 AM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Mon 5:20 AM||667 km||415 miles||360 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.