Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 10:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 22:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.42 meters/second, 1524.3 kilometres/hour, 947.2 miles/hour or 823.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.1"||946.87 mi||West||0° 04' 21.8"||5.00 mi||South||947.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 54.4"||760.04 mi||East||2° 10' 17.3"||149.35 mi||South||779.35 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Haikou||Mon 6:10 AM||173 km||108 miles||93 nm||WNW|
|Zhanjiang||Mon 6:10 AM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||NW|
|Macau||Mon 6:10 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||NNE|
|Hong Kong||Mon 6:10 AM||401 km||249 miles||217 nm||NE|
|Kowloon||Mon 6:10 AM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||NE|
|Shenzhen||Mon 6:10 AM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||NNE|
|Foshan||Mon 6:10 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||NNE|
|Guangzhou||Mon 6:10 AM||436 km||271 miles||235 nm||NNE|
|Nanning||Mon 6:10 AM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||NW|
|Da Nang||Mon 5:10 AM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.