Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 11:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 23:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.66 meters/second, 1525.2 kilometres/hour, 947.7 miles/hour or 823.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||South||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.7"||947.41 mi||West||0° 04' 29.0"||5.14 mi||South||947.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 42.3"||760.25 mi||East||2° 13' 03.9"||152.53 mi||South||780.24 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Naypyidaw||Mon 5:56 AM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||E|
|Chittagong||Mon 5:26 AM||374 km||232 miles||202 nm||NNW|
|Yangon||Mon 5:56 AM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||SE|
|Mandalay||Mon 5:56 AM||400 km||249 miles||216 nm||NE|
|Barisal||Mon 5:26 AM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||NW|
|Comilla||Mon 5:26 AM||516 km||320 miles||278 nm||NNW|
|Chandpur||Mon 5:26 AM||521 km||324 miles||282 nm||NNW|
|Mawlamyine||Mon 5:56 AM||540 km||335 miles||291 nm||SE|
|Khulna||Mon 5:26 AM||562 km||349 miles||303 nm||NW|
|Dhaka||Mon 5:26 AM||580 km||361 miles||313 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.