Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 11:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 23:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.69 meters/second, 1525.3 kilometres/hour, 947.8 miles/hour or 823.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||South||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.7"||947.49 mi||West||0° 04' 29.9"||5.16 mi||South||947.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 40.6"||760.28 mi||East||2° 13' 25.7"||152.94 mi||South||780.36 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Chittagong||Mon 5:36 AM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||NNE|
|Barisal||Mon 5:36 AM||382 km||237 miles||206 nm||N|
|Khulna||Mon 5:36 AM||419 km||260 miles||226 nm||NNW|
|Chandpur||Mon 5:36 AM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||N|
|Kolkata||Mon 5:06 AM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||NW|
|Comilla||Mon 5:36 AM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||N|
|Howrah||Mon 5:06 AM||461 km||286 miles||249 nm||NW|
|Jessore||Mon 5:36 AM||468 km||291 miles||252 nm||NNW|
|Dhaka||Mon 5:36 AM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||N|
|Naypyidaw||Mon 6:06 AM||532 km||330 miles||287 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.