Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.88 meters/second, 1526.0 km/hour, 948.2 miles/hour or 824.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||South||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.0"||947.91 mi||West||0° 04' 35.5"||5.26 mi||South||948.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 31.5"||760.44 mi||East||2° 15' 32.3"||155.36 mi||South||781.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Parbhani||Mon 6:04 AM||27 km||17 miles||15 nm||W|
|Nanded||Mon 6:04 AM||27 km||17 miles||15 nm||ESE|
|Hingoli||Mon 6:04 AM||54 km||34 miles||29 nm||NNE|
|Washim||Mon 6:04 AM||96 km||60 miles||52 nm||N|
|Latur||Mon 6:04 AM||104 km||65 miles||56 nm||SSW|
|Nizamabad||Mon 6:04 AM||130 km||81 miles||70 nm||ESE|
|Beed||Mon 6:04 AM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||WSW|
|Jalna||Mon 6:04 AM||140 km||87 miles||75 nm||WNW|
|Osmanabad||Mon 6:04 AM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||SW|
|Akola||Mon 6:04 AM||162 km||101 miles||87 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.