Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.89 meters/second, 1526.0 km/hour, 948.2 miles/hour or 824.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||South||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.0"||947.93 mi||West||0° 04' 35.6"||5.27 mi||South||948.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 31.1"||760.45 mi||East||2° 15' 36.7"||155.45 mi||South||781.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Parbhani||Mon 6:06 AM||25 km||15 miles||13 nm||E|
|Ambajogai||Mon 6:06 AM||58 km||36 miles||32 nm||SSW|
|Nanded||Mon 6:06 AM||77 km||48 miles||42 nm||E|
|Hingoli||Mon 6:06 AM||82 km||51 miles||44 nm||NE|
|Lonar||Mon 6:06 AM||83 km||51 miles||45 nm||N|
|Beed||Mon 6:06 AM||87 km||54 miles||47 nm||WSW|
|Latur||Mon 6:06 AM||93 km||58 miles||50 nm||S|
|Jalna||Mon 6:06 AM||96 km||60 miles||52 nm||NW|
|Mehkar||Mon 6:06 AM||101 km||63 miles||55 nm||N|
|Washim||Mon 6:06 AM||115 km||71 miles||62 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.