Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 1:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 01:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.97 meters/second, 1526.3 km/hour, 948.4 miles/hour or 824.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.3"||948.10 mi||West||0° 04' 37.8"||5.31 mi||South||948.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 27.3"||760.52 mi||East||2° 16' 29.1"||156.44 mi||South||781.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Veraval||Mon 6:30 AM||192 km||119 miles||104 nm||NNW|
|Vasai-Virar||Mon 6:30 AM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||E|
|Mumbai||Mon 6:30 AM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||E|
|Thane||Mon 6:30 AM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||E|
|Navi Mumbai||Mon 6:30 AM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||E|
|Panvel||Mon 6:30 AM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||E|
|Surat||Mon 6:30 AM||313 km||195 miles||169 nm||NE|
|Nashik||Mon 6:30 AM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||ENE|
|Pune||Mon 6:30 AM||338 km||210 miles||183 nm||ESE|
|Ahmednagar||Mon 6:30 AM||421 km||262 miles||227 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.