Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 1:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 01:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.00 meters/second, 1526.4 kilometres/hour, 948.5 miles/hour or 824.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.3"||948.18 mi||West||0° 04' 38.7"||5.33 mi||South||948.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 25.6"||760.55 mi||East||2° 16' 50.8"||156.86 mi||South||781.49 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vasai-Virar||Mon 6:40 AM||474 km||294 miles||256 nm||E|
|Mumbai||Mon 6:40 AM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||E|
|Surat||Mon 6:40 AM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||ENE|
|Nashik||Mon 6:40 AM||582 km||361 miles||314 nm||E|
|Pune||Mon 6:40 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||E|
|Ahmedabad||Mon 6:40 AM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||NE|
|Vadodara||Mon 6:40 AM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||NE|
|Karachi||Mon 6:10 AM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||NNW|
|Ahmednagar||Mon 6:40 AM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||E|
|Godhra||Mon 6:40 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.