Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 2:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 02:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.24 meters/second, 1527.3 kilometres/hour, 949.0 miles/hour or 824.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.7"||948.71 mi||West||0° 04' 45.4"||5.45 mi||South||948.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 14.6"||760.76 mi||East||2° 19' 22.9"||159.76 mi||South||782.35 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salalah||Mon 6:20 AM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||SE|
|Al Mukalla||Mon 5:20 AM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||SSW|
|Abu Dhabi||Mon 6:20 AM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||NNE|
|Doha||Mon 5:20 AM||684 km||425 miles||370 nm||N|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Mon 5:20 AM||722 km||449 miles||390 nm||N|
|Al Ain||Mon 6:20 AM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||NE|
|Al Khor||Mon 5:20 AM||729 km||453 miles||393 nm||N|
|Nizwa||Mon 6:20 AM||767 km||476 miles||414 nm||NE|
|Riyadh||Mon 5:20 AM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||NW|
|Riffa||Mon 5:20 AM||783 km||486 miles||423 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.