Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 2:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 02:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.27 meters/second, 1527.4 km/hour, 949.1 miles/hour or 824.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.7"||948.78 mi||West||0° 04' 46.3"||5.47 mi||South||949.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 12.9"||760.79 mi||East||2° 19' 44.4"||160.18 mi||South||782.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Al Mukalla||Mon 5:30 AM||505 km||313 miles||272 nm||S|
|Salalah||Mon 6:30 AM||590 km||366 miles||318 nm||ESE|
|Sana||Mon 5:30 AM||653 km||406 miles||352 nm||SW|
|Riyadh||Mon 5:30 AM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||NNW|
|Khamis Mushait||Mon 5:30 AM||662 km||412 miles||358 nm||W|
|Doha||Mon 5:30 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||NNE|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Mon 5:30 AM||755 km||469 miles||408 nm||NNE|
|Al Khor||Mon 5:30 AM||775 km||482 miles||419 nm||NNE|
|Riffa||Mon 5:30 AM||796 km||495 miles||430 nm||NNE|
|Al Hudaydah||Mon 5:30 AM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.