Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 4:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 04:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.62 meters/second, 1528.6 kilometres/hour, 949.8 miles/hour or 825.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||South||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.5"||949.56 mi||West||0° 04' 55.5"||5.65 mi||South||949.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 57.0"||761.12 mi||East||2° 23' 20.6"||164.30 mi||South||783.73 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fada||Mon 5:10 AM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||WSW|
|Al-Fashir||Mon 7:10 AM||593 km||369 miles||320 nm||S|
|Kufra||Mon 6:10 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||NNW|
|Faya-Largeau||Mon 5:10 AM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||W|
|Abéché||Mon 5:10 AM||706 km||439 miles||381 nm||SW|
|Al-Ubayyid||Mon 7:10 AM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||SE|
|Khartoum||Mon 7:10 AM||905 km||562 miles||488 nm||ESE|
|Aswan||Mon 6:10 AM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||NE|
|Ndjamena||Mon 5:10 AM||1288 km||800 miles||696 nm||SW|
|Cairo||Mon 6:10 AM||1391 km||864 miles||751 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.