Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 5:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 05:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.88 meters/second, 1529.6 km/hour, 950.4 miles/hour or 825.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||South||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.9"||950.16 mi||West||0° 05' 02.7"||5.78 mi||South||950.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 44.9"||761.37 mi||East||2° 26' 03.9"||167.42 mi||South||784.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Mon 6:26 AM||106 km||66 miles||57 nm||E|
|Agadez||Mon 6:26 AM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||SE|
|Maradi||Mon 6:26 AM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||S|
|Zinder||Mon 6:26 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||SSE|
|Sokoto||Mon 6:26 AM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||S|
|Niamey||Mon 6:26 AM||747 km||464 miles||403 nm||SW|
|Kano||Mon 6:26 AM||792 km||492 miles||428 nm||SSE|
|Dori||Mon 5:26 AM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||SW|
|Kaduna||Mon 6:26 AM||929 km||577 miles||502 nm||S|
|Kandi||Mon 6:26 AM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.