Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 5:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 05:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.95 meters/second, 1529.8 kilometres/hour, 950.6 miles/hour or 826.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||South||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.0"||950.32 mi||West||0° 05' 04.6"||5.82 mi||South||950.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 41.9"||761.44 mi||East||2° 26' 46.8"||168.24 mi||South||784.96 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Mon 5:46 AM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||WSW|
|Dori||Mon 5:46 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||SSW|
|Niamey||Mon 6:46 AM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||S|
|Tamanrasset||Mon 6:46 AM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||NE|
|Arlit||Mon 6:46 AM||616 km||383 miles||332 nm||E|
|Ouahigouya||Mon 5:46 AM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||SW|
|Ouagadougou||Mon 5:46 AM||787 km||489 miles||425 nm||SSW|
|Maradi||Mon 6:46 AM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||SE|
|Koudougou||Mon 5:46 AM||840 km||522 miles||454 nm||SSW|
|Kandi||Mon 6:46 AM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.