Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 6:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 06:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.00 meters/second, 1530.0 kilometres/hour, 950.7 miles/hour or 826.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.2"||950.43 mi||West||0° 05' 05.9"||5.84 mi||South||950.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 39.6"||761.49 mi||East||2° 27' 16.8"||168.81 mi||South||785.14 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Mon 6:00 AM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||SSW|
|Dori||Mon 6:00 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Mon 6:00 AM||582 km||362 miles||314 nm||S|
|Ouagadougou||Mon 6:00 AM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||S|
|Niamey||Mon 7:00 AM||722 km||449 miles||390 nm||SE|
|Koudougou||Mon 6:00 AM||728 km||452 miles||393 nm||S|
|Koutiala||Mon 6:00 AM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||SSW|
|Tamanrasset||Mon 7:00 AM||884 km||549 miles||477 nm||ENE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Mon 6:00 AM||884 km||549 miles||477 nm||SSW|
|Sikasso||Mon 6:00 AM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.