Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 6:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.09 meters/second, 1530.3 km/hour, 950.9 miles/hour or 826.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.4"||950.62 mi||West||0° 05' 08.1"||5.89 mi||South||950.88 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 35.9"||761.57 mi||East||2° 28' 08.1"||169.79 mi||South||785.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Mon 6:24 AM||401 km||249 miles||216 nm||W|
|Timbuktu||Mon 6:24 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||ESE|
|Bamako||Mon 6:24 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||S|
|Koutiala||Mon 6:24 AM||744 km||462 miles||402 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Mon 6:24 AM||801 km||498 miles||433 nm||SE|
|Sikasso||Mon 6:24 AM||852 km||530 miles||460 nm||SSE|
|Nouakchott||Mon 6:24 AM||884 km||549 miles||477 nm||W|
|Rosso||Mon 6:24 AM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||WSW|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Mon 6:24 AM||914 km||568 miles||494 nm||SSE|
|Koudougou||Mon 6:24 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.