Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 6:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 06:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.18 meters/second, 1530.7 kilometres/hour, 951.1 miles/hour or 826.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.5"||950.83 mi||West||0° 05' 10.4"||5.93 mi||South||951.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 31.8"||761.66 mi||East||2° 29' 03.7"||170.85 mi||South||785.79 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nouakchott||Mon 6:50 AM||228 km||142 miles||123 nm||WSW|
|Tidjikja||Mon 6:50 AM||264 km||164 miles||143 nm||E|
|Rosso||Mon 6:50 AM||316 km||197 miles||171 nm||SW|
|Saint-Louis||Mon 6:50 AM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||SW|
|Nouadhibou||Mon 6:50 AM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||NW|
|Touba||Mon 6:50 AM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||SSW|
|Thiès||Mon 6:50 AM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||SW|
|Tambacounda||Mon 6:50 AM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||S|
|Dakar||Mon 6:50 AM||584 km||363 miles||316 nm||SW|
|Dakhla||Mon 6:50 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.