Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.57 meters/second, 1532.0 km/hour, 952.0 miles/hour or 827.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.1"||951.69 mi||West||0° 05' 20.1"||6.11 mi||South||951.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 15.7"||762.04 mi||East||2° 32' 45.0"||175.08 mi||South||787.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Mon 7:34 AM||1709 km||1062 miles||923 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Mon 5:34 AM||2086 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Mon 5:34 AM||2245 km||1395 miles||1212 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Mon 4:34 AM||2279 km||1416 miles||1231 nm||WSW|
|Dakar||Mon 8:34 AM||2349 km||1460 miles||1268 nm||E|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 4:34 AM||2385 km||1482 miles||1288 nm||W|
|Castries||Mon 4:34 AM||2393 km||1487 miles||1292 nm||W|
|Roseau||Mon 4:34 AM||2401 km||1492 miles||1297 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 4:34 AM||2416 km||1501 miles||1304 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 4:34 AM||2423 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.