Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 8, 2012 at 08:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 08:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.60 meters/second, 1532.2 km/hour, 952.0 miles/hour or 827.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||west||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||south||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.2"||951.77 mi||west||0° 05' 21.0"||6.13 mi||south||952.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 14.2"||762.08 mi||east||2° 33' 06.3"||175.48 mi||south||787.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Mon 5:44 AM||1913 km||1189 miles||1033 nm||SW|
|Praia||Mon 7:44 AM||1959 km||1218 miles||1058 nm||E|
|Bridgetown||Mon 4:44 AM||2031 km||1262 miles||1096 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Mon 5:44 AM||2046 km||1272 miles||1105 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 4:44 AM||2132 km||1325 miles||1151 nm||W|
|Castries||Mon 4:44 AM||2140 km||1330 miles||1156 nm||W|
|Roseau||Mon 4:44 AM||2147 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 4:44 AM||2161 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 4:44 AM||2168 km||1347 miles||1171 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Mon 4:44 AM||2194 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.