Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 8, 2012 at 09:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.67 meters/second, 1532.4 km/hour, 952.2 miles/hour or 827.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||west||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||south||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.3"||951.98 mi||west||0° 05' 22.5"||6.16 mi||south||952.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 11.5"||762.20 mi||east||2° 33' 42.6"||176.19 mi||south||787.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Mon 5:00 AM||1612 km||1002 miles||871 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Mon 6:00 AM||1672 km||1039 miles||903 nm||SSW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 5:00 AM||1702 km||1058 miles||919 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Mon 5:00 AM||1713 km||1064 miles||925 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Mon 5:00 AM||1714 km||1065 miles||925 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 5:00 AM||1724 km||1071 miles||931 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 5:00 AM||1733 km||1077 miles||936 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Mon 6:00 AM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||SW|
|Kingstown||Mon 5:00 AM||1771 km||1100 miles||956 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Mon 5:00 AM||1813 km||1127 miles||979 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.