Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 9:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.66 meters/second, 1532.4 km/hour, 952.2 miles/hour or 827.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.3"||951.90 mi||West||0° 05' 22.4"||6.16 mi||South||952.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 11.6"||762.14 mi||East||2° 33' 40.2"||176.13 mi||South||787.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Mon 5:00 AM||1639 km||1019 miles||885 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Mon 6:00 AM||1685 km||1047 miles||910 nm||SSW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 5:00 AM||1730 km||1075 miles||934 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Mon 5:00 AM||1742 km||1082 miles||940 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Mon 5:00 AM||1742 km||1083 miles||941 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 5:00 AM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 5:00 AM||1761 km||1094 miles||951 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Mon 6:00 AM||1764 km||1096 miles||952 nm||SW|
|Kingstown||Mon 5:00 AM||1798 km||1117 miles||971 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Mon 5:00 AM||1842 km||1145 miles||995 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.