Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 8, 2012 at 09:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.70 meters/second, 1532.5 km/hour, 952.3 miles/hour or 827.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||west||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||south||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.4"||951.99 mi||west||0° 05' 23.4"||6.18 mi||south||952.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 10.2"||762.18 mi||east||2° 34' 01.4"||176.53 mi||south||787.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Mon 5:10 AM||1401 km||871 miles||756 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 5:10 AM||1481 km||920 miles||800 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Mon 5:10 AM||1490 km||926 miles||805 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Mon 5:10 AM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 5:10 AM||1498 km||931 miles||809 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 5:10 AM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Mon 5:10 AM||1556 km||967 miles||840 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Mon 6:10 AM||1583 km||984 miles||855 nm||SSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Mon 5:10 AM||1586 km||986 miles||856 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Mon 6:10 AM||1618 km||1005 miles||874 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.