Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 9:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 09:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.71 meters/second, 1532.6 kilometres/hour, 952.3 miles/hour or 827.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.4"||952.02 mi||West||0° 05' 23.7"||6.18 mi||South||952.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 09.6"||762.19 mi||East||2° 34' 09.7"||176.69 mi||South||787.70 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Mon 5:14 AM||1308 km||813 miles||706 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 5:14 AM||1383 km||859 miles||747 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Mon 5:14 AM||1391 km||864 miles||751 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 5:14 AM||1395 km||867 miles||753 nm||W|
|Castries||Mon 5:14 AM||1399 km||869 miles||755 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 5:14 AM||1407 km||874 miles||759 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Mon 5:14 AM||1460 km||907 miles||789 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Mon 5:14 AM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||W|
|Cayenne||Mon 6:14 AM||1553 km||965 miles||838 nm||SSW|
|Saint George's||Mon 5:14 AM||1567 km||974 miles||846 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.