Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 9:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.74 meters/second, 1532.7 km/hour, 952.3 miles/hour or 827.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.6"||952.07 mi||West||0° 05' 24.3"||6.20 mi||South||952.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 08.5"||762.22 mi||East||2° 34' 22.4"||176.94 mi||South||787.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Mon 5:20 AM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 5:20 AM||1237 km||768 miles||668 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Mon 5:20 AM||1241 km||771 miles||670 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 5:20 AM||1243 km||772 miles||671 nm||W|
|Castries||Mon 5:20 AM||1254 km||779 miles||677 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 5:20 AM||1256 km||780 miles||678 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Mon 5:20 AM||1320 km||820 miles||713 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Mon 5:20 AM||1331 km||827 miles||719 nm||W|
|Saint George's||Mon 5:20 AM||1430 km||889 miles||772 nm||WSW|
|Port of Spain||Mon 5:20 AM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.