Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 8, 2012 at 09:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.74 meters/second, 1532.7 km/hour, 952.3 miles/hour or 827.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||west||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||south||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.6"||952.07 mi||west||0° 05' 24.3"||6.20 mi||south||952.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 08.5"||762.22 mi||east||2° 34' 22.4"||176.94 mi||south||787.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Mon 5:20 AM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 5:20 AM||1237 km||768 miles||668 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Mon 5:20 AM||1241 km||771 miles||670 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 5:20 AM||1243 km||772 miles||671 nm||W|
|Castries||Mon 5:20 AM||1254 km||779 miles||677 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 5:20 AM||1256 km||780 miles||678 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Mon 5:20 AM||1320 km||820 miles||713 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Mon 5:20 AM||1331 km||827 miles||719 nm||W|
|Saint George's||Mon 5:20 AM||1430 km||889 miles||772 nm||WSW|
|Port of Spain||Mon 5:20 AM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.