Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 1:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 13:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.62 meters/second, 1535.8 km/hour, 954.3 miles/hour or 829.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||South||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.1"||954.05 mi||West||0° 05' 45.3"||6.60 mi||South||954.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 34.4"||763.15 mi||East||2° 42' 25.4"||186.15 mi||South||790.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manzanillo *||Mon 8:10 AM||190 km||118 miles||103 nm||ENE|
|Colima *||Mon 8:10 AM||255 km||158 miles||137 nm||ENE|
|Puerto Vallarta *||Mon 8:10 AM||278 km||173 miles||150 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara *||Mon 8:10 AM||382 km||237 miles||206 nm||NE|
|Tepic *||Mon 7:10 AM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||NNE|
|Leon *||Mon 8:10 AM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes *||Mon 8:10 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan *||Mon 7:10 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||N|
|Querétaro *||Mon 8:10 AM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||ENE|
|Fresnillo *||Mon 8:10 AM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.