Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 1:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 13:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.67 meters/second, 1536.0 km/hour, 954.4 miles/hour or 829.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||South||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.2"||954.17 mi||West||0° 05' 46.5"||6.62 mi||South||954.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 32.4"||763.21 mi||East||2° 42' 54.6"||186.71 mi||South||791.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Vallarta *||Mon 8:24 AM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||NE|
|Tepic *||Mon 7:24 AM||588 km||366 miles||318 nm||NE|
|Colima *||Mon 8:24 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||ENE|
|Mazatlan *||Mon 7:24 AM||635 km||394 miles||343 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara *||Mon 8:24 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||ENE|
|Durango *||Mon 8:24 AM||806 km||501 miles||435 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes *||Mon 8:24 AM||836 km||520 miles||452 nm||ENE|
|Leon *||Mon 8:24 AM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||ENE|
|San Luis Potosi *||Mon 8:24 AM||971 km||604 miles||524 nm||ENE|
|Acapulco *||Mon 8:24 AM||1005 km||624 miles||542 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.