Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 2:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 14:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.83 meters/second, 1536.6 km/hour, 954.8 miles/hour or 829.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||South||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.4"||954.52 mi||West||0° 05' 50.1"||6.69 mi||South||954.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 26.7"||763.38 mi||East||2° 44' 17.9"||188.30 mi||South||791.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan *||Mon 8:04 AM||1421 km||883 miles||767 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Mon 7:04 AM||1462 km||908 miles||789 nm||NNE|
|Tijuana *||Mon 7:04 AM||1613 km||1002 miles||871 nm||N|
|San Diego *||Mon 7:04 AM||1631 km||1014 miles||881 nm||N|
|Mexicali *||Mon 7:04 AM||1650 km||1025 miles||891 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara *||Mon 9:04 AM||1660 km||1031 miles||896 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 7:04 AM||1771 km||1100 miles||956 nm||N|
|Aguascalientes *||Mon 9:04 AM||1788 km||1111 miles||965 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Mon 7:04 AM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||NNE|
|Leon *||Mon 9:04 AM||1837 km||1142 miles||992 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.