Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 2:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 14:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.93 meters/second, 1537.0 km/hour, 955.0 miles/hour or 829.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.7"||954.76 mi||West||0° 05' 52.5"||6.73 mi||South||955.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 23.0"||763.50 mi||East||2° 45' 11.8"||189.33 mi||South||792.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana *||Mon 7:30 AM||1803 km||1120 miles||973 nm||NNE|
|San Diego *||Mon 7:30 AM||1815 km||1128 miles||980 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali *||Mon 7:30 AM||1890 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Mon 7:30 AM||1898 km||1179 miles||1025 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 7:30 AM||1905 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan *||Mon 8:30 AM||2039 km||1267 miles||1101 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Mon 7:30 AM||2153 km||1338 miles||1162 nm||NE|
|San Jose (USA) *||Mon 7:30 AM||2163 km||1344 miles||1168 nm||N|
|San Francisco *||Mon 7:30 AM||2205 km||1370 miles||1191 nm||N|
|Las Vegas *||Mon 7:30 AM||2236 km||1390 miles||1207 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.