Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 3:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 15:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.13 meters/second, 1537.7 km/hour, 955.5 miles/hour or 830.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.9"||955.20 mi||West||0° 05' 57.0"||6.82 mi||South||955.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 16.1"||763.72 mi||East||2° 46' 55.3"||191.30 mi||South||792.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 5:20 AM||2186 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||WNW|
|Tijuana *||Mon 8:20 AM||2595 km||1612 miles||1401 nm||NE|
|San Diego *||Mon 8:20 AM||2596 km||1613 miles||1402 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 8:20 AM||2602 km||1617 miles||1405 nm||NE|
|San Jose *||Mon 8:20 AM||2624 km||1630 miles||1417 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco *||Mon 8:20 AM||2633 km||1636 miles||1422 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:20 AM||2820 km||1753 miles||1523 nm||SW|
|Hermosillo||Mon 8:20 AM||2950 km||1833 miles||1593 nm||ENE|
|Las Vegas *||Mon 8:20 AM||2967 km||1843 miles||1602 nm||NE|
|Phoenix||Mon 8:20 AM||3045 km||1892 miles||1644 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.