Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.44 meters/second, 1538.8 km/hour, 956.2 miles/hour or 830.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.94 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||South||15.94 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.5"||955.89 mi||West||0° 06' 03.7"||6.95 mi||South||956.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 05.7"||764.07 mi||East||2° 49' 31.9"||194.29 mi||South||793.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kailua-Kona||Mon 6:36 AM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||N|
|Hilo||Mon 6:36 AM||218 km||135 miles||118 nm||NNE|
|Wailuku||Mon 6:36 AM||350 km||217 miles||189 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Mon 6:36 AM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 6:36 AM||1775 km||1103 miles||958 nm||S|
|Midway||Mon 5:36 AM||2496 km||1551 miles||1348 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Mon 4:36 AM||2997 km||1862 miles||1618 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 5:36 AM||3457 km||2148 miles||1867 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 4:36 AM||3764 km||2339 miles||2032 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 4:36 AM||3874 km||2407 miles||2092 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.