Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 8, 2012 at 17:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.64 meters/second, 1539.5 km/hour, 956.6 miles/hour or 831.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.94 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||south||15.94 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.8"||956.34 mi||west||0° 06' 08.2"||7.04 mi||south||956.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 59.1"||764.31 mi||east||2° 51' 14.4"||196.25 mi||south||794.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 7:26 AM||1114 km||692 miles||602 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Mon 6:26 AM||1518 km||944 miles||820 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:26 AM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:26 AM||2162 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 5:26 AM||2564 km||1593 miles||1384 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Tue 5:26 AM||2702 km||1679 miles||1459 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Tue 5:26 AM||2771 km||1722 miles||1496 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 6:26 AM||3022 km||1878 miles||1632 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Tue 5:26 AM||3237 km||2011 miles||1748 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Tue 5:26 AM||3430 km||2131 miles||1852 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.