Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.68 meters/second, 1539.7 km/hour, 956.7 miles/hour or 831.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.94 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||South||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.8"||956.44 mi||West||0° 06' 09.1"||7.05 mi||South||956.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 57.8"||764.36 mi||East||2° 51' 34.9"||196.64 mi||South||794.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 7:36 AM||1355 km||842 miles||732 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Mon 6:36 AM||1373 km||853 miles||742 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:36 AM||2057 km||1278 miles||1111 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:36 AM||2249 km||1397 miles||1214 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Tue 5:36 AM||2319 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Tue 5:36 AM||2448 km||1521 miles||1322 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Tue 5:36 AM||2574 km||1600 miles||1390 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 6:36 AM||2998 km||1863 miles||1619 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Tue 5:36 AM||3128 km||1944 miles||1689 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Tue 5:36 AM||3219 km||2000 miles||1738 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.