Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 6:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 18:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 427.82 meters/second, 1540.2 kilometres/hour, 957.0 miles/hour or 831.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||South||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.2"||956.75 mi||West||0° 06' 12.1"||7.11 mi||South||957.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 53.3"||764.52 mi||East||2° 52' 44.2"||197.96 mi||South||795.31 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Mon 7:10 AM||1173 km||729 miles||633 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Tue 6:10 AM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||W|
|Majuro||Tue 6:10 AM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 6:10 AM||1945 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 6:10 AM||2027 km||1260 miles||1095 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 8:10 AM||2196 km||1364 miles||1186 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Tue 6:10 AM||2576 km||1601 miles||1391 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 5:10 AM||2805 km||1743 miles||1515 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 8:10 AM||2894 km||1798 miles||1563 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Tue 6:10 AM||2908 km||1807 miles||1570 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.