Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 8, 2012 at 18:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 18:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.92 meters/second, 1540.5 km/hour, 957.2 miles/hour or 831.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.95 mi||west||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||south||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.2"||956.98 mi||west||0° 06' 14.4"||7.15 mi||south||957.28 mi|
|24 hours||348° 24' 09.8"||764.65 mi||west||2° 53' 35.5"||198.94 mi||south||795.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 6:34 AM||952 km||591 miles||514 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Tue 6:34 AM||1249 km||776 miles||674 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Mon 7:34 AM||1381 km||858 miles||746 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Tue 6:34 AM||1814 km||1127 miles||979 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Mon 6:34 AM||2119 km||1317 miles||1144 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Tue 6:34 AM||2218 km||1378 miles||1197 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Tue 5:34 AM||2223 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 8:34 AM||2824 km||1755 miles||1525 nm||ENE|
|Funafuti||Tue 6:34 AM||2920 km||1815 miles||1577 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Tue 7:34 AM||3323 km||2065 miles||1794 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.