Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.93 meters/second, 1540.5 km/hour, 957.2 miles/hour or 831.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||South||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.3"||956.99 mi||West||0° 06' 14.4"||7.15 mi||South||957.29 mi|
|24 hours||348° 24' 09.9"||764.65 mi||West||2° 53' 37.2"||198.97 mi||South||795.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 6:36 AM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Tue 6:36 AM||1240 km||770 miles||669 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Mon 7:36 AM||1393 km||866 miles||752 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Tue 6:36 AM||1810 km||1125 miles||977 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Mon 6:36 AM||2129 km||1323 miles||1149 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Tue 5:36 AM||2204 km||1369 miles||1190 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Tue 6:36 AM||2208 km||1372 miles||1192 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 8:36 AM||2847 km||1769 miles||1537 nm||ENE|
|Funafuti||Tue 6:36 AM||2924 km||1817 miles||1579 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 4:36 AM||3303 km||2052 miles||1783 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.