Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 19:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.03 meters/second, 1540.9 km/hour, 957.5 miles/hour or 832.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||South||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.4"||957.21 mi||West||0° 06' 16.6"||7.20 mi||South||957.51 mi|
|24 hours||348° 24' 12.9"||764.77 mi||West||2° 54' 26.2"||199.91 mi||South||796.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 7:00 AM||353 km||219 miles||190 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Tue 7:00 AM||1179 km||733 miles||637 nm||S|
|Palikir||Tue 6:00 AM||1703 km||1058 miles||920 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 8:00 AM||1788 km||1111 miles||966 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Tue 7:00 AM||1829 km||1137 miles||988 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Tue 7:00 AM||2024 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Mon 7:00 AM||2463 km||1531 miles||1330 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 5:00 AM||2688 km||1671 miles||1452 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 7:00 AM||3079 km||1913 miles||1662 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Tue 6:00 AM||3166 km||1967 miles||1709 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.