Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 19:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.07 meters/second, 1541.0 km/hour, 957.6 miles/hour or 832.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||South||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.6"||957.30 mi||West||0° 06' 17.5"||7.21 mi||South||957.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 45.7"||764.82 mi||East||2° 54' 46.5"||200.29 mi||South||796.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 7:10 AM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Tue 7:10 AM||1251 km||777 miles||675 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Tue 6:10 AM||1523 km||946 miles||822 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Tue 7:10 AM||1901 km||1181 miles||1027 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Mon 8:10 AM||1983 km||1232 miles||1071 nm||NE|
|Yaren||Tue 7:10 AM||2003 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 5:10 AM||2433 km||1512 miles||1314 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Mon 7:10 AM||2636 km||1638 miles||1423 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Tue 6:10 AM||3086 km||1918 miles||1666 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 7:10 AM||3179 km||1976 miles||1717 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.