Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 8, 2012 at 19:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 19:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.11 meters/second, 1541.2 km/hour, 957.7 miles/hour or 832.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.96 mi||west||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||south||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.7"||957.41 mi||west||0° 06' 18.4"||7.23 mi||south||957.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 44.3"||764.88 mi||east||2° 55' 08.9"||200.73 mi||south||796.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 7:20 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Tue 6:20 AM||1355 km||842 miles||732 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 7:20 AM||1369 km||851 miles||739 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Tue 7:20 AM||2019 km||1255 miles||1090 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Tue 7:20 AM||2019 km||1255 miles||1090 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 5:20 AM||2151 km||1336 miles||1161 nm||W|
|Midway||Mon 8:20 AM||2211 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Mon 7:20 AM||2844 km||1767 miles||1536 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Tue 6:20 AM||3023 km||1878 miles||1632 nm||S|
|Tokyo||Tue 4:20 AM||3157 km||1962 miles||1705 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.