Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 19:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.13 meters/second, 1541.3 km/hour, 957.7 miles/hour or 832.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.7"||957.43 mi||West||0° 06' 18.7"||7.24 mi||South||957.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 44.1"||764.89 mi||East||2° 55' 14.8"||200.84 mi||South||796.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 7:24 AM||369 km||230 miles||199 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Tue 6:24 AM||1318 km||819 miles||712 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 7:24 AM||1428 km||887 miles||771 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 7:24 AM||2032 km||1263 miles||1097 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 7:24 AM||2055 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 5:24 AM||2077 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||W|
|Midway||Mon 8:24 AM||2272 km||1412 miles||1227 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Mon 7:24 AM||2900 km||1802 miles||1566 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Tue 6:24 AM||3011 km||1871 miles||1626 nm||S|
|Tokyo||Tue 4:24 AM||3105 km||1929 miles||1677 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.