Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 8, 2012 at 19:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 19:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.23 meters/second, 1541.6 km/hour, 957.9 miles/hour or 832.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.97 mi||west||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||south||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.8"||957.68 mi||west||0° 06' 21.0"||7.28 mi||south||957.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 40.8"||765.02 mi||east||2° 56' 07.5"||201.84 mi||south||796.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 7:50 AM||1000 km||621 miles||540 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Tue 6:50 AM||1173 km||729 miles||634 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 5:50 AM||1425 km||886 miles||770 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 7:50 AM||1888 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 7:50 AM||2252 km||1399 miles||1216 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Tue 7:50 AM||2467 km||1533 miles||1332 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Tue 4:50 AM||2652 km||1648 miles||1432 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Tue 4:50 AM||2667 km||1657 miles||1440 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Tue 4:50 AM||2705 km||1681 miles||1461 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Mon 8:50 AM||2842 km||1766 miles||1535 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.