Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 19:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.23 meters/second, 1541.6 km/hour, 957.9 miles/hour or 832.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.8"||957.68 mi||West||0° 06' 21.0"||7.28 mi||South||957.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 40.8"||765.02 mi||East||2° 56' 07.5"||201.84 mi||South||796.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 7:50 AM||1000 km||621 miles||540 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Tue 6:50 AM||1173 km||729 miles||634 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 5:50 AM||1425 km||886 miles||770 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 7:50 AM||1888 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 7:50 AM||2252 km||1399 miles||1216 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Tue 7:50 AM||2467 km||1533 miles||1332 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Tue 4:50 AM||2652 km||1648 miles||1432 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Tue 4:50 AM||2667 km||1657 miles||1440 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Tue 4:50 AM||2705 km||1681 miles||1461 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Mon 8:50 AM||2842 km||1766 miles||1535 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.