Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 19:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.25 meters/second, 1541.7 km/hour, 958.0 miles/hour or 832.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.9"||957.71 mi||West||0° 06' 21.4"||7.29 mi||South||958.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 40.3"||765.05 mi||East||2° 56' 15.6"||202.00 mi||South||796.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 7:54 AM||1100 km||684 miles||594 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Tue 6:54 AM||1185 km||736 miles||640 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 5:54 AM||1327 km||824 miles||716 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 7:54 AM||1992 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Tue 7:54 AM||2304 km||1432 miles||1244 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Tue 7:54 AM||2541 km||1579 miles||1372 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Tue 4:54 AM||2595 km||1613 miles||1401 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Tue 4:54 AM||2607 km||1620 miles||1407 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Tue 4:54 AM||2609 km||1621 miles||1409 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Mon 8:54 AM||2933 km||1822 miles||1584 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.