Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 428.32 meters/second, 1541.9 kilometres/hour, 958.1 miles/hour or 832.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.9"||957.86 mi||West||0° 06' 22.8"||7.31 mi||South||958.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 38.3"||765.13 mi||East||2° 56' 48.0"||202.61 mi||South||797.12 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Tue 6:10 AM||767 km||477 miles||414 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 6:10 AM||944 km||587 miles||510 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Tue 7:10 AM||1317 km||818 miles||711 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Tue 8:10 AM||1504 km||935 miles||812 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Tue 5:10 AM||2235 km||1388 miles||1207 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 8:10 AM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||ESE|
|Yokohama||Tue 5:10 AM||2371 km||1473 miles||1280 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Tue 5:10 AM||2386 km||1482 miles||1288 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Tue 5:10 AM||2500 km||1553 miles||1350 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Tue 8:10 AM||2540 km||1579 miles||1372 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.