Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 20:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.33 meters/second, 1542.0 km/hour, 958.2 miles/hour or 832.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.9"||957.90 mi||West||0° 06' 23.1"||7.32 mi||South||958.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 38.0"||765.15 mi||East||2° 56' 56.1"||202.77 mi||South||797.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Tue 6:14 AM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 6:14 AM||854 km||530 miles||461 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Tue 7:14 AM||1368 km||850 miles||739 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Tue 8:14 AM||1606 km||998 miles||867 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Tue 5:14 AM||2143 km||1332 miles||1157 nm||WSW|
|Yokohama||Tue 5:14 AM||2321 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Tue 5:14 AM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Tue 8:14 AM||2438 km||1515 miles||1316 nm||ESE|
|Nagoya||Tue 5:14 AM||2442 km||1518 miles||1319 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Tue 5:14 AM||2488 km||1546 miles||1343 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.