Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 20:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 428.36 meters/second, 1542.1 kilometres/hour, 958.2 miles/hour or 832.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||South||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.9"||957.96 mi||West||0° 06' 23.7"||7.33 mi||South||958.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 37.2"||765.18 mi||East||2° 57' 08.3"||203.00 mi||South||797.27 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Tue 6:20 AM||529 km||328 miles||285 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 6:20 AM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 7:20 AM||1456 km||905 miles||786 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Tue 8:20 AM||1758 km||1093 miles||949 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Tue 5:20 AM||2009 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||WSW|
|Yokohama||Tue 5:20 AM||2252 km||1400 miles||1216 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Tue 5:20 AM||2269 km||1410 miles||1225 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Tue 5:20 AM||2361 km||1467 miles||1275 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Tue 5:20 AM||2399 km||1491 miles||1295 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Tue 5:20 AM||2412 km||1499 miles||1302 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.