Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 8, 2012 at 20:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.42 meters/second, 1542.3 km/hour, 958.4 miles/hour or 832.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.97 mi||west||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||south||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.0"||958.10 mi||west||0° 06' 25.0"||7.36 mi||south||958.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 35.4"||765.26 mi||east||2° 57' 38.8"||203.58 mi||south||797.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Tue 6:34 AM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 6:34 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Tue 5:34 AM||1689 km||1050 miles||912 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 7:34 AM||1723 km||1070 miles||930 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Tue 5:34 AM||2109 km||1310 miles||1139 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Tue 5:34 AM||2133 km||1325 miles||1151 nm||NNW|
|Wake Island||Tue 8:34 AM||2142 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||E|
|Nagoya||Tue 5:34 AM||2183 km||1357 miles||1179 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Tue 5:34 AM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Tue 5:34 AM||2218 km||1378 miles||1198 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.