Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.42 meters/second, 1542.3 km/hour, 958.3 miles/hour or 832.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||South||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.0"||958.09 mi||West||0° 06' 24.9"||7.35 mi||South||958.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 35.5"||765.25 mi||East||2° 57' 36.6"||203.54 mi||South||797.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Tue 6:34 AM||267 km||166 miles||144 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 6:34 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Tue 7:34 AM||1700 km||1057 miles||918 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Tue 5:34 AM||1712 km||1064 miles||924 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 8:34 AM||2114 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||E|
|Yokohama||Tue 5:34 AM||2120 km||1318 miles||1145 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Tue 5:34 AM||2141 km||1330 miles||1156 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Tue 5:34 AM||2195 km||1364 miles||1185 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Tue 5:34 AM||2214 km||1376 miles||1196 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Tue 5:34 AM||2231 km||1386 miles||1205 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.